Part Time - Campus Instructor - Bilingual a Plus
In-Person Campus Instructor
Beacon Hill Preparatory Institute is a non-profit organization that provides critical supplemental math and reading tutoring and enrichments to students in local Public & charter schools through-out Fair Park, Oak Cliff, Wilmer Hutchins, Pleasant Grove and surrounding communities. Programs include in-school, after-school, and summer programming. We ensure students Catch Up, Keep Up and Stay Ahead by developing data-informed intervention plans and supporting teachers and parents throughout the school year. Our desired outcomes are to help each student achieve grade-level proficiency in math and reading, develop confident learners, and level the playing field for all participating students.
Purpose: The Part-Time Campus Instructor will serve on the program team to support the efficient operation of high-quality Reading & Math tutoring at assigned location(s) for children in grades Prek-6th.
- Create a positive and engaging atmosphere
- Provide high quality and engaging individual and/or small group instruction
- Assess and monitor student performance
- Implement curriculum with fidelity
- Maintain accurate and confidential record keeping
- Assist with classroom management
- Adhere to internal and external policies
- Display professional behavior and dress
- Attend program training and staff meetings
- Contribute to organizational success
Education and Qualifications:
- College degree or Associate (Applicant may currently be pursuing degree)
- Experience with PreK - 6th grade students may substitute for college degree/hours
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Substitute teacher or Retired teacher (plus)
- Teacher certification (plus)
- Bilingual (plus)
- Enrolled in Alternative Teaching Certification program (plus)
- This position may count toward certification hours - Please inquire
Reports to: Campus Manager
Schedule (Flexible): 2-4 days/week, 8-32 hours/week between the hours of 8:00 am - 3:00 pm Monday - Thursday
Pay Rate: Hourly
This position pays $15 - $18 per hour (rate commensurate with experience). If selected for the position, there is an unpaid flexible volunteer orientation of 20 hours to be completed around your schedule.
Ancillary benefits and 4 Paid time Off days(PTO) of employee choice
Generous unpaid Holiday breaks (based on school district calendar).